E-ISSN 2229-7723 | ISSN 0976-9234
Peer Review Process
Articles or information submitted exclusively to Journal of Pharmaceutical Negative Results undergo peer-review process. Manuscripts not meeting the scientific standards will not be considered for the reviewing process. Editors request referees to advice on the scientific merit as well as the likely appeal since, the paper will have for broad readership. The journal follows a double-blind review process, wherein the reviewers and authors are unaware of each other’s identity. Editors usually give reviewers 21 days to complete their review process. Although editors hope for a quick turnaround, this is not always possible. However, editors will be in contact with the referees once paper is sent to them, with weekly reminders of their due date. Once all the reviews are in-house, the Editor handling the manuscript will most likely make a decision within a day or two. The editor will then contact the corresponding author with the decision. The entire review process of the articles submitted to Journal of Pharmaceutical Negative Results are done online and digitally. Reviewers invest precious time in the belief that they are making important contributions to the scientific process. Author’s criticism or negative comments on reviewer’s comments will be subjected to the cancellation of publication. Journal of Pharmaceutical Negative Results follows communication only through e.mail and via http://my.ejmanager.com/jpnr
Submission & Peer Review Process
- Author submits all required materials, including copyright form, and separate cover letter through http://my.ejmanager.com/jpnr
- Completed submission is sent out to two or three reviewers.
- Reviewers review the article and send it back to the editorial office for processing.
- After initial review, Editor-in-Chief releases reviews to authors.
- Authors are asked to respond to reviewers and make necessary corrections.
- Article is sent out for re-review.
- Editor-in-Chief may accept, reject, accept with minor alterations, or sent out for third review.
- If accepted, author must submit final version. Version will be added to "in-press" queue with publisher.
- Prior to publication, publisher will sent galleys to authors. No edits may be made after galleys are approved.
- Article is printed in Journal of Pharmaceutical Negative Results
Manuscripts are accepted with the understanding that the authors have not violated any ethical practice followed in preparation and publication of biomedical manuscripts. The list practices that are considered unethical are given in the journal website (www.pnrjournal.com). Author/s is/are responsible for all the statements made in their work and should be willing to defend them publicly, if challenged. Authors should prepare their manuscripts submitted to the journal exactly according to the instructions given. Manuscripts which do not follow the format and style of the journal may be returned to the authors for revision or rejected. The journal reserves the right to make any further formal changes and language corrections necessary in a manuscript accepted for publication. Manuscripts and figures are not returned to the authors, not even upon rejection of the paper .